Le Méridien Hotels #FollowGrayContest OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1.Contest Period: The Le Méridien Hotels #FollowGrayContest (the "Contest") begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on July 18, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. ET on August 18, 2016 (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
2. Sponsor: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., One StarPoint Stamford, CT 06902 USA; Administrator: Votigo, Inc., 251 Lafayette Circle. Suite 330. Lafayette, CA 94549 USA.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry or vote. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible for the Contest. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws.
4. How to Enter the Contest: To enter follow @lemeridienhotels and @graymalin on Instagram and upload to Instagram a Photo that’s inspired by the spontaneity of travel to receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize judging. The Photo upload must include #FollowGrayContest within the photo caption. You must have a public Instagram account to enter via Instagram. Including #FollowGrayContest in the photo caption on Instagram during the Contest Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. Limit five (5) entries per user.
By entering, you understand and agree that your Photo in its entirety or any portion thereof may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on the Contest Website for public viewing. Entrant may be the ONLY person depicted in the Photo. All Entries must be completed, submitted and received on the Site by 11:59:59 a.m. ET on August 18, 2016 to be eligible for the Grand Prize judging. Photos must be unique. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or username. All Photos become the property of Sponsor when submitted and will not be returned to entrant.
- Entry should be inspired by the spontaneity of travel.
- Entrant must be the parent or legal guardian, or have proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to the Submission. Photo may include animals or inanimate objects.
- You must be the copyright owner of the Photo submitted.
- The Photo must be your original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea). Photos must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
- The Photo must not have been submitted previously in a giveaway or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- The Photo must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Any Photo deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Photos must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), or illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
- The Photo must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without limitation, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Photo must not contain or depict material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group, or world peace or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group.
- The Photo must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in Photos submitted for this Contest.
- Any clothing shown in the Photo should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials (but showing publicly displayed or publicly accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as described above is permitted).
- The Photo must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other third-party (public or private), include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Photos must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
- Photos may not be owned, taken or edited by a professional photographer.
- The Photo must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Entrants and all submitted Photos must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Photo will be disqualified from the Contest. The Photo must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
- Photos must not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors.
Each entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted Photo, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license, at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Photo is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Photo that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. No information regarding Photos, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Contest Website, will be disclosed.
5. Determination of the Grand Prize Winner: On or about August 18, 2016, all eligible Photos (without registration information) will be judged by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges based on the following judging criteria: Creativity (25%); Composition (25%); and Relation to Travel (50%). The Photo that receives the highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the tied Photos will be re-judged based 100% on creativity to determine the Grand Prize winner. Decisions of Administrator/Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
6.Prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1):
One Grand Prize winner will receive 250,000 Starpoints ® (ARV USD $3,000) Grand Prize winner must be a member of the SPG® Program in order to collect prize. Membership is free and may be obtained by visiting www.spg.com
. Use and expiration of Starpoints is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG program. Starpoints will be deposited into the winner’s account within three (3) weeks of winner verification by Sponsor.
No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. All federal, state, local and provincial taxes are the sole responsibility of winner, as applicable. Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Photos are received.
7. General Rules: Potential winners will be notified by comment on Photo from @lemeridienhotels on Instagram and required to respond within 48 hours of notification and confirmed via e-mail/mail. The winner will then be required to print out, sign and return via mail/email a liability/publicity release, Declaration of Compliance or liability/Publicity Release/eligibility confirmation (except where prohibited by law) and an assignment of rights within three (3) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined in accordance with these Official Rules. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and disqualification and alternate determination in accordance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost, not received or unavailable network connections or e-mail, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Photo process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Contest winner from among all eligible Photos received prior to cancellation.
8. Release: By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) all rights to the Photo belong to and are original to him/her, or he/she has written consent to use, and the Photo does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) he/she has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Photo, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) he/she hereby holds the Sponsor and the Released Parties (as defined below) harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Photo and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Photo or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants’ names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, Photos, likenesses and/or voices for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that Sponsor, Administrator, Instagram and each of their parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Photo creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. Each entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Official Rules and is fully familiar with its contents.
9. Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York in the United States, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York in the United States. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York in the United States and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York in the United States. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
: For the names of the winners, available after September 18, 2016 for a period of a year, send an email to email@example.com
with the subject Le Méridien #FollowGrayContest.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Contest or in connection with promotional or other activities of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.